Welcome to Trinity College London in Spain & Portugal
Trinity College Spain & Portugal's VLE platform, 'Excellence in Education'
Schedule for April-June 2018
Continue to develop your teaching skills for the challenges you will face with your learners in 2018. Develop and improve your understanding of Trinity College London's prestigious GESE & ISE Certificates with the help of experienced language skills trainers & E-Moderators of English, using lesson plans, classroom activities and language teaching resources. Discover the 'Trinity Stars Young Performers in English Award'. Develop 'best practice' teaching skills.
Excellence in Education, as an approved service provider for Trinity College London, will open registration on Monday, 26th March, 2018 for Stage 1 & Stage 2 courses, which will be offered as outlined below. Stage 3 courses will open registration on Monday, 23rd April, 2018. Stage 4 courses are reserved for the 'Consejo General de los Ilustres Colegios Oficiales de Doctorados y Licenciados en Filosofia y Letras y en Ciencias' (CDL)
Excellence in Education has two 30-hour courses that have been officially recognised i.e. 'homologado y acreditado' by the 'Generalitat de Catalunya, Departament d'Ensenyament' (GTAF), y el 'Consejo General de los Ilustres Colegios Oficiales de Doctorados y Licenciados en Filosofia y Letras y en Ciencias' (CDL).
Teachers who are registered with their local education authority and successfully complete one of the courses for GTAF or CDL will be eligible for one MEC credit that can be used for 'oposiciones, traslados' and individual training plans. We look forward to helping you develop your skills and share ideas with you on one of our free, online teacher support courses.
*To be able to take full advantage of this platform and see more, you need to have an account. If you are not a registered user yet, you can easily create one at http://excellenceineducation.eu/moodle/login/signup.php?
Term 3: The enrolment period for Stages 1 & 2 will open on Monday, 2nd April
1. Quest for Best: GESE Initial, grades 1-3 (15h over 3 weeks/4 weekends) 07/04/2018 - 28/04/2018
2. Quest for Best: GESE Elementary, grades 4-6 (15h over 3 weeks/4 weekends) 07/04/2018 - 28/04/2018
3. Quest for Best: Extended Writing, Task 4 (B2) (15h over 3 weeks/4 weekends) 07/04/2018 - 28/04/2018
4. Quest for Best: Developing Speaking & Listening Skills B1(30h-5 wks/6 weekends) 07/04/2018 -13/05/2018 (CDL Barcelona)
5. Quest for Best: Developing Reading & Writing Skills B1 (30h-5 wks/6 weekends) 07/04/2018 -13/05/2018 (CDL Barcelona)
6. Quest for Best: ISE Foundation/ISE I Independent Listening Task (15h-3 wks/4 wkends) 05/05/2018 - 26/05/2018
7. Quest for Best: GESE Initial OR GESE ELEMENTARY (15h-3 wks/4 weekends) 05/05/2018 - 26/05/2018
8. Quest for Best: Developing Speaking & Listening Skills B1 (30h-5 wks/6 weekends)19/05/2018-17/06/2018 CDL (C. La Rioja)
9. Quest for Best: Developing Reading & Writing Skills B1 (30h-5 wks/6 weekends) 19/05/2018-17/06/2018 CDL (C. La Rioja)
To apply for a place on one of these courses you must be highly motivated and ideally have at least C1 CEFR level. Login to your account, click on the course title you would like to request and follow the instructions. Important: You will be sent confirmation the day before the course starts, so please be patient. (Numbers are limited to either 30 or 40 participants depending on the course, so please do not request a place if you think you may not have enough time).
NB: Teachers can only participate in ONE course during a 'stage'. Please include the name of the centre where you teach. If you do apply for more than one course, you MUST state your preference in the space provided in the first dialogue box called 'Comment' on the request form. This will ensure that you are not assigned a place on a course of your second choice.
Excellence in Education has over 2,400 registered teachers. Here's what some teachers had to say about recent courses:
Excellence in Education is currently offering two free online courses in their teacher support programme for term 2 of 2018 and still have a few places available. These are 3-week, 15 hour courses and are currently in day 4.
- Quest for Best: Reflecting on Functional language
- Quest for Best: Trinity Stars and Teaching Young Learners
For more information see the attached file.
Important notice for all registered users on ‘Excellence in Education’, an Approved Service provider for Trinity College London:
Please update your user profile.
Registration is still open for two 30-hour free online teacher support courses:
- ‘Quest for Best: Developing Speaking and Listening Skills’
- ‘Quest for Best: Developing Reading and Writing Skills’.