Welcome to Trinity College London in Spain & Portugal
Trinity College Spain & Portugal's VLE platform, 'Excellence in Education': has a new teacher support programme for the Academic year, 2017-18
Continue to develop your teaching skills for the challenges you will face with your learners in 2018. Develop and improve your understanding of Trinity College London's prestigious GESE & ISE Certificates with the help of experienced language skills trainers & E-Moderators of English, using lesson plans, classroom activities and language teaching resources. Discover the 'Trinity Stars Young Performers in English Award'.
Excellence in Education, as an approved service provider for Trinity College London, will open registration on Monday, 4th January, 2018 for Stage 1 & Stage 2 courses, which will be offered as outlined below. Stage 3 courses will open registration on Thursday, 8th February, 2018. We look forward to helping you develop your skills and share ideas with you one of our free online teacher support courses.
*To be able to take full advantage of this platform and see more, you need to have an account. If you are not a registered user yet, you can easily create one at http://excellenceineducation.eu/moodle/login/signup.php?
Term 2: The enrolment period for Stage 3 will open on 8th February
Stage 1: FINISHED
1. Quest for Best: GESE Intermediate (15h over 3 weeks/4 weekends) 13/01/2018 - 03/02/2018
2. Quest for Best: GESE Advanced (15h over 3 weeks/4 weekends) 13/01/2018 - 03/02/2018
Stage 2: IN PROGRESS
3. Quest for Best: Developing Reading & Writing Skills B1 (30h-5 wks/6 wkends) 20/01/2018-28/02/2018
4. Quest for Best: Developing Speaking & Listening Skills B1 (30h-5 wks/6 wkends) 20/01/2018-28/02/2018
Stage 3: ENROLMENT PERIOD NOW OPEN
5. Quest for Best: Reflecting on Functional language (15h over 3 wks/4 wkends) 17/02/2018-11/03/2018
6. Quest for Best: Trinity Stars & Teaching Young Learners (15h-3 wks/4 wkends) 17/02/2018-11/03/2018
To apply for a place on one of these courses you must be highly motivated and ideally have at least C1 CEFR level. Login to your account, click on the course title you would like to request and follow the instructions. Important: You will be sent confirmation the day before the course starts, so please be patient. (Please note that numbers are limited to 40 participants, so please do not request a place if you think you may not have enough time).
NB: Teachers can only participate in ONE course during a 'stage'. Please include the name of the centre where you teach. If you do apply for more than one course, you MUST state your preference in the dialogue box that has a space for a 'comment' on the request form. This will ensure that you are not assigned a place on a course of your second choice.
Excellence in Education has over 2,300 registered teachers. Here's what some teachers had to say about recent courses:
Important notice for all registered users on ‘Excellence in Education’, an Approved Service provider for Trinity College London:
Please update your user profile.
Excellence in Education is currently offering two free online courses in their teacher support programme for 2018:
- Quest for Best: Reflecting on Functional language
- Quest for Best: Trinity Stars and Teaching Young Learners
Requests for one of the free places are now being accepted. There are 40 places for each course. For more information see the attached file.
Registration is still open for two 30-hour free online teacher support courses:
- ‘Quest for Best: Developing Speaking and Listening Skills’
- ‘Quest for Best: Developing Reading and Writing Skills’.