Scott Thornbury was a plenary speaker at the 'Exams Catalunya 7th ELT Conference' in 2019 and as the 8th Conference has now been scheduled for 14th November, 2020, Exams Catalunya has released a short video of an interview with him, in which he offered his thoughts on some important ELT issues. He answered the following questions:
- Is language a body of knowledge or a skill?
- What skills do today’s teachers need?
- How can we bridge the gap between theory and practice?
- Is the approach to teaching Englaish very different in the USA to in Europe?
- How are conferences useful to teachers?
Enjoy the video.