Start date: Monday, 6th July to Sunday, 26th July
FULL: please do NOT request. It will be offered againA 3-week, 15-hour, online course, to familiarise participants with:
- what Project-based Learning (PBL) is, and what elements make up a real project
- to understand how the input materials can be adapted to the students’ needs when elaborating projects.
- to understand student-centred teaching skills and how to scaffold students’ activities.
- to apply classroom management skills in the elaboration of projects.
- to leave the sessions with practical ideas they can implement in their everyday teaching: materials, online resources, and ideas/techniques for student-student interaction.
This course is very practical. By putting into practice project-based learning methodology, teachers will see how PBL is contextualised, focussing the learning process on the student and making it more student-centred as opposed to the traditional teacher-centred way. Teachers will look at the first steps, essential elements, and other instructional procedures that are involved in the creation of projects, as well as look at real examples from students at different stages in the learning of a foreign language.
To apply for a place on one of these courses you must be highly motivated and ideally have at least B2 CEFR level. Just click on the course title, follow the instructions and confirmation will be sent on Sunday, 5th July, 2020. Numbers are limited to 40 participants, so please do NOT request a place if you think you may not have enough time.
Please note: you may only participate in ONE course! If you do request more than one course, you MUST state your first choice on the application form in the first box that says 'Comment' to avoid being placed on a course of your second choice.
- Tutor: Lola Reeves Garay Abad